Sunday, May 29, 2011

Banana Bread to Die For!!

OK....I am sorry i have not written in a while, money is tight so I can't bake as often as I would like, however I did get around to making my first loaf of banana bread! It was made with gluten free all purpose flour from Bob's Red Mill so it is completely gluten free. It did call for chocolate chips but I didn't have any so I used nutela. It was AMAZING! That having the hazel nut it was perfect, my only suggestion would be to add nuts to it if you aren't allergic because it really gives it more texture and nuts are just plain good! I think if you used more bananas and maybe xatham gum you may be able to skip the coconut oil that is very fatty and expensive. You could use butter but some poeple prefer baking with out it. Also...none of her recipes are made with eggs...I know ERIN IS A GENIUS! If she only knew how inspiring she is!

The upcoming recipes I will be doing have some intense steps and require more ingredients so as soon as I get that together I will be posting. Also I am going to start putting up pictures to make this look more interesting because frankly....I kinda stink at this whole blog thing....but I WILL get better!
PLEASE TELL ME if you find anything yummy or interesting!
Happy Baking!
mrs. melcher <3

No comments:

Post a Comment