Monday, April 18, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Muffins :) Amazing texture with amazing ingrediants

  So, who is known to just use muffin mix, get a ton of compliments and pretend its an authentic recipe from your great great grandmother, who survived the depression and lived on to pass down this famous recipe? Yay, we have all been there. This may not be your grandmother's passed down recipe, but this sure will turn some heads, making even the "real" muffin eaters indulge.
I started out by peeling the apples (which scared the heavens out of my husband to say the least) , successfully with out  cutting any fingers! You will be amazed to know that these muffins are very very yummy and the texture is amazing. Gluten free products can be dry and grainy, but these are fluffy and light like "real" muffins! The roasted apples that I baked in the oven before hand add to this texture. I overloaded a tad on the vanilla extract (which I am known to do) so it was a little strong. I would advise NOT to do this because it over powers the cinnamon that brings out the apples in the muffin. I am on my second one and it is just amazing to eat these and not wonder if I will be sick!
To further the awesomeness of this muffin you will all be happy to know that I did NOT use sugar! Can you believe it? NO SUGAR! It called for agave nectar and cinnamon to sweeten it up. For the light texture it is all about the flour you use.
I would say for my first try at this, pretty successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment