Friday, April 15, 2011

Baby Cakes

Have you ever seen that movie, Julie and Julia, where Julie follows recipes from Julia Child's recipe book for a year? Well, I got the idea to do the same but with a twist.
  First off I am mrs. melcher, I am newly married but have had the pleasure of being with my husband since I was 17, we are now 23. I just graduated college with my BA in psychology. My husband is still chugging along and will be done this year. Needless to say, I am not extremely busy these days. I am looking to the future with excitement and eagerness, but for now I am playing the waiting game ( something I NEVER do..haha as my husband would say, I am always in a hurry!
    So, I am not here to share about my amazing life and how I hope to change yours or whatever....I am simply here to share the lovely-ness of gluten free living. Last year I was having  "issues" with my digestive system. I have struggled my whole life but it got so bad that I knew something had to change. I started trying to eat gluten free and it relived me in so many ways. However I was very conflicted at the same time. I love baking, always have! I have even silently thought about opening my own bakery one day, so I was bummed, no more baked goods. Seeing how sad I was, my husband bought me this baking book for my birthday and it  just excited the heck out of me!! It educated me, it taught me how I could still eat yummy baked foods, just work a tad harder to get them! This saving grace is called BABY CAKES. This amazing women named Erin McKenna opened her own gluten free, vegan bakery in California and pretty much brought hope to all us gluten intolerant folks out here. SO....here I go...baking away. Hope you give me feed back. I will post new ingredients i find and such as I go. Feel free to chime in, I am a new bee after all:) Cheers!
mrs. melcher

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome!! I've always wanted to open my own cupcake/coffeeshop one day but wouldn't even know how to begin! Have fun w/ all the baking and I can't wait to read up on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 that you have a blog AND that you are going to be baking all the time...gluten free or not you know i'll eat it as long as its sweet :)

    PS...I was also your first follower therefore I should get a cupcake or something for being super cool :)

    PPS...ILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to start this I can't wait to try all of the tasty goodies that are in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!!! Kayleigh, Of course you will be getting goodies! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks baby!!! I love you! Thanks for supporting all my adventures:)Big or small:)

    ReplyDelete