Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Gluten Free Muffins

It smelled like Thanksgiving was baking in my kitchen when I was making these muffins! If you have been following the comments and such, you might have noticed my sweet husband commenting on everything. He was also nice enough to show me how to create links. So, thanks to him, I can bring you some info the fabulous ingredients I am using. These muffins called for gluten free flour and rice ( however, I use almond milk because it's creamier) so they are dairy and gluten free. Bob's Red Mill products are the best, they really got it figured it out. Nothing is ever dry, or grainy or flat. These muffins were so moist, more moist than some of the muffins I have bought in regular bakeries. Also., it was made with real pumpkin from a can but don't let that fool you, it taste genuine. I will however warn you that it totally smelled and looked like baby poop before I baked them! I was a tad nervous but they came out fabulous! I just made "real" banana bread for my husband, and with all the sugar and wheat flour, it taste so.....unnatural. The agave nectar gives it flavor, it doesn't make it too sweet. The ingredients work together to create a muffin, instead of just sweetness that covers the natural flavor. With just 3 recipes under my belt, I already feel like a pro...how niave of me! haha...happy baking
mrs. melcher

2 comments:

  1. We must have had this idea at the same time because I'm doing this with cupcakes, but yours is more unique since you're making it all from scratch and I'm just adding things to my cupcakes to make them pretty (: It's so addicting though and I feel like we always have cupcakes around the house now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! i just noticed we have the same background! too weird!

    ReplyDelete